Monday, February 16, 2009

Clark Terry hospitalized again, but now on the mend

From the February Jazz Corner newsletter comes this news about jazz trumpet legend and St. Louis native Clark Terry:
"Right after the inauguration, Clark Terry went into the hospital to save one of his playing fingers since it had become seriously infected. Everyone felt the best thing was to have Clark remain in the hospital, and he will be there for at least 2 more weeks.

He has sent this message to you: "To all my family, friends and well wishers, I'm happy to report to you that The Old Man Upstairs has been good to me, and I'm on the road to recovery here in Pine Bluff, Arkansas.I had an infection in my finger bone tip, and according to the doctors' report today, after reviewing the latest tests, it seems to be on the mend. In a few weeks, I should be back on the "mound." They're taking good care of me here, thanks to all my doctors and nurses, and the hospital food here is good!"

If you want to send cards, flowers, etc:

Jefferson Regional Medical Center
1600 West 40th Avenue
Pine Bluff, Arkansas 71603
Attn: Clark Terry
Room 3171"

No comments: