Thursday, February 15, 2007

Site news: Those new Blogger blues

Posting may be light around here for the next few days, as the (apparently mandatory) conversion of StLJN to the new version of Blogger has yet to be resolved. I spent the better part of Wednesday trying to convert without success, and when that didn't work, trying to get back into the old version so I could put up a couple of posts.

For a while, I was trapped in a seemingly endless loop, being bounced from the login page to the "conversion" page over and over again. After several hours of this, punctuated by frantic reading of various help documents and user forums, I logged off one more time and somehow managed to get back in to the old Blogger to post.
However, given the rather elusive/intermittent nature of the problem, and the fact that I'm not exactly sure how I managed to get logged back in, there's no guarantee that I'll be able to replicate that feat again tomorrow, the next day, or the day after that.

So, I've appealed to Blogger's user service gurus for help, but given the volume of requests they have to deal with, it may take a while to get the problem diagnosed and fixed and StLJN converted to the new software. In the meantime, your kind indulgence, O valued readers, will be greatly appreciated.

No comments: