Friday, May 27, 2005

Still more Miles ahead


To simultaneously view a transcription and hear
the first 16 bars of Miles' solo on "So What," go here.


East St. Louis celebrates the birthday of one of its most famous sons this weekend with the Miles Davis Arts Festival. "The main event is a gathering of artists, DJs and poets from noon to 8 p.m. Sunday at the East St. Louis Higher Education Campus, followed by a jam session at JoJo's, 512 Missouri Avenue," writes Kevin Johnson in a brief article found on STLtoday.com.

If I'd known about this yesterday, I would have included it in the post for Miles' birthday. But since I just found out today, as a conscientious blogger I make amends as best I can by mentioning it now. Also, it's a good excuse to run another picture of Miles and links to transcribed Davis solos from "All of You," "Autumn Leaves" and "If I Were A Bell." (Note: the first two are pdf files, the third is regular html.)

No comments: