Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Deaprtment of corrections, part 2


Regina Carter

In a post last week, I wrote that the Yellowjackets were the final act of the 2004-05 season at Jazz at the Bistro. Not so - I had forgotten that Regina Carter had rescheduled her shows here after her appearance earlier this year was postponed. She'll be appearing at the Bistro this Wednesday through Saturday.

Also, this post made it seem as if the Bistro's "Summer Jazz Spectacular" would be taking place in July 2006, when in fact it begins next month with an appearance by guitarist Bucky Pizzarelli, followed by Pat Martino and the Tribute to Jimmy Smith featuring OGD and Willie Akins.

Finally, based on bad information, I had reported that this Friday's Bass Player's Ball featuring Michael Henderson would be taking place at Pop's, when in fact the show will be at the Ambassador, 114 Northland Shopping Center. Tickets are $30-$38.50 and can be purchased through Metrotix, 314-534-1111.

Obviously, I regret the errors. One was just a dumb mistake, and in the other two cases I relied on ambigious or faulty information in an effort to get news posted as quickly as possible. That's one of the inherent perils of blogging, I suppose, but I can and will do a better job of vetting sources in the future.

No comments: