Sunday, April 24, 2005

Just what the world needs: another blog

OK, there are already more blogs out there than any one human could read in a lifetime. But as far as I know, there's no blog yet devoted to this particular topic: jazz, improvisation and creative music in St. Louis, Missouri. That's the microniche in the mediasphere I'm hoping to fill, providing news, commentary and links that will be of interest to jazz listeners, musicians and sympathizers here in the Gateway City.

I'll write about St. Louis musicians and their recordings, concerts and club gigs, as well as about touring artists coming to town, and anything else that seems to fit. (As producer Lorne Michaels was reported to have said about the first year of Saturday Night Live, I know what ingredients I want to use, but I'm not sure yet of the exact recipe.) New posts will happen as events dictate, but the intent is to try to have new content at least a couple of times a week, and I also hope to introduce a recurring feature or two as things progress.

If this sounds like it might be interesting, please add this site to your bookmarks. I'll do my best to make return visits worth your while.

No comments: