Friday, July 29, 2016
* KDHX has put on their Flickr page a photo set from Femi Kuti's performance a couple of weeks ago at the Ready Room.
* St. Louis' own Vintage Vinyl (pictured) is one of a select group of music retailers featured an article in last Friday's USA Today, "Vinyl lives! 10 great record stores for a musical treasure hunt".
* Saxophonist Greg Lewis Jr was profiled by the Belleville News-Democrat.
* The Rustic Goat and The Lux, two downtown nightspots that sometimes present live jazz, were raided and closed this week by St. Louis police this week for liquor license violations.
* After eight years as director of marketing and communications for Jazz St. Louis, Devin Rodino has left the the organization, effective yesterday. An email from Rodino said he's moving to Columbia, MO for "personal reasons," and StLJN wishes him all the the best in his future endeavors.
With Rodino's departure, Jazz St. Louis is seeking a new marketing and communications director. They've posted a job description online in PDF format here, and you can find about more about the position, as well as other current job openings at JSL - for a development associate and a part-time box office associate - here.
* David Garfield, the Metro East native who serves as touring keyboardist and music director for guitarist George Benson, was singled out for some praise by London Jazz News in their review of Benson's show last month in London.