Monday, June 13, 2016
* A previously unheard audio recording has surfaced online documenting Davis performing with the Mel Lewis Big Band at the Village Vanguard in June 1981, just as he was beginning his comeback from his extended hiatus of the late 1970s.
* Presenting organization SFJAZZ tied into their Davis-themed "Electric Miles" concert at this year's San Francisco Jazz Festival with a playlist of tracks drawn from the trumpeter's electric era.
* Prince's former road manager Alan Leeds talked about his former boss' relationship with Davis as part of an interview with OkayPlayer.com.
* A video special with music from a recent tribute to Davis staged in Los Angeles by keyboardist Robert Glasper and multi-instrumentalist Terrace Martin will debut on Friday, June 24 on AllMusicTelevision.net.
* In related news, Glasper's Miles Davis tribute/remix album Everything's Beautiful debuted last week at #1 on Billboard's jazz chart, making it the highest-charting Davis-related recording in 29 years; and Glasper was interviewed about the recording on NPR's "On Point".
* Actor/director Don Cheadle was interviewed by the Melbourne Herald Sun in advance of the Australian opening of his film Miles Ahead, and the movie was reviewed by the Sydney Morning Herald and InSessionFilm.com.