* With the release of Everything's Beautiful, keyboardist Robert Glasper's tribute to Miles Davis, set for Friday, May 27, Sony Legacy announced last week that the album (pictured)also will be issued in a special box set containing both CD and vinyl versions plus a limited edition T-shirt, an enamel pin, an 11" x 11" art print, and a letter from Glasper.
* Larry Ramirez, who built custom trumpets for Miles Davis in the 1980s and also invented the Superbone, a hybrid trombone with both slide and valves famously used by Maynard Ferguson, was profiled in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
* The Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis will kick off their festival paying tribute to Miles Davis and John Coltrane this weekend with "Miles Davis - The Sorcerer at 90," a program featuring new arrangements and favorites from Davis’ body of work.
* Alex Skolnick, guitarist for the rock band Testament, was asked by TeamRock.com to come up with a list of "the 10 best Miles Davis tracks", and made some pretty smart picks.
* With the film now in wide release, the media frenzy accompanying Don Cheadle's Miles Ahead has abated a bit over the last week, but there still are a few reviews and related articles coming out. Here are some links from the last seven days: