Friday, March 18, 2016
* Saxophonist Greg Osby was interviewed by the Warsaw Voice about his new role as curator of the Sopot Jazz Festival.
* Drummer Emanuel Harrold (pictured) was profiled by the St. Louis American's Kenya Vaughn.
* Burlesque performer Lola Van Ella was interviewed by St. Louis magazine about her upcoming shows at Jazz at the Bistro.
* Keyboardist and presenter Mike Silverman has announced a date and lineup for the 2016 Chesterfield Jazz Festival. The event will be held on Saturday, June 25 at the Chesterfield Amphitheater, and will feature music from Bach to the Future with violinist Tracy Silverman, Matt Rowland Band, Soul Cafe, Kim Fuller, and Eric Slaughter with Ptah Williams, Darrell Mixon and Gary Sykes.
* Following last week's media appearances promoting his Open Studio Network, pianist Peter Martin has added a "Jazz Piano for Beginners" course to the company's catalog of online video music lessons.You can see some sample clips from the course here.
* Saxophonist Eric Person has a new website, with "new photos, CD reviews, updated bio, video and audio jukeboxes" and a blog open to fan comments. Person currently is back home in St. Louis to play an onstage role in Satchel Paige and the Kansas City Swing, which runs through April 10 at the Repertory Theatre of St. Louis.