Friday, March 11, 2016
* Pianist Peter Martin made the rounds of local media this week to promote his new project Open Studio Network, which offers online video music lessons from well-known jazz players including Martin himself, guitarist Romero Lubambo, drummer Greg Hutchinson, and more.
Martin sat down Tuesday for a chat with Charlie Brennan of KMOX radio, and also was interviewed for a feature story in the St. Louis Business Journal.
* Singer Emily West's show last week for the Gaslight Cabaret Festival was reviewed by Chuck Lavazzi of KDHX.
* Trombonist and St. Louis native Charlie Halloran's role as a sideman on pianist Jon Cleary's Grammy award-winning album GoGo Juice was the subject of a feature from Kevin Johnson of the Post-Dispatch.
* Sarah Jane and the Blue Notes shared on Facebook an album of photos from their gig last week at the Casa Loma Ballroom.
* Guitarist Kelvyn Bell (pictured) has posted to SoundCloud a bonus track, "American Boy (Estelle)" from the same sessions that produced his most recent album St. Louis Blu.