Friday, November 13, 2015
* Phil Dunlap of Jazz St. Louis will provide the music for "Birth of the Cool: Jazz and Midcentury Modern Design" next Friday, November 20 at the St. Louis Art Museum.
Part of the museum's "Cocktails and Conversation" series, the event aims to "explore the connections between jazz and midcentury modern design."
* Bassist Tom Kennedy was interviewed by the website For Bass Players Only.
* Drummer Marcus Baylor (pictured) and his wife, singer Jean Baylor, are featured in a new ad for Future Sonics Spectrum Series G10 in-ear monitors.
* Singer Storm Large's show last weekend for the Gaslight Cabaret Festival was reviewed by Chuck Lavazzi of KDHX.
* Producers of last weekend's Nevermore Jazz Ball have posted several videos from the festivities on their new YouTube channel.
* Speaking of the Nevermore Jazz Ball, KDHX has posted online a set of photos from the event's Cherokee Street Jazz Crawl.
* More photo sets of interest online recently include pix from:
Saxophonist Eric Person's recent gig at the Blue Note in NYC;
Drummer Dave Weckl's current clinic tour of Asia;
Pianist Ramsey Lewis last Saturday night at the Sheldon Concert Hall; and
The STL Free Jazz Collective's show on Tuesday at the Sheldon.
* Voting in Jazz Times magazine's annual Readers Poll ends Monday, November 23.