Monday, September 28, 2015
* New York magazine's pop culture website Vulture attempts to prepare readers for the forthcoming release of Don Cheadle's Miles Ahead film with "Understanding Miles Davis, in 9 Parts."
* An article at Gramophone.com suggests that readers "Let Miles Davis Help You Build Your Jazz Collection."
* A post on the Rock Art Editions blog compares the Miles Davis statue recently unveiled in Alton, IL, to existing statues of the trumpeter in Nice, France and Kielce, Poland.
* There's more coverage of the unveiling of the statue in Alton in this feature story from the St. Louis American's Kenya Vaughn.
* Lastly, today marks 24 years since Miles Davis died, passing away as a result of pneumonia, respiratory failure, and a stroke at St. John's Hospital and Health Center in Santa Monica, CA, where he had been a patient for several weeks. He was 65; his music lives on.