Monday, February 09, 2015
* Roberto Schaefer, cinematographer for actor/director Don Cheadle's upcoming feature film Miles Ahead, was interviewed about his work on the movie for the American Society of Cinematographer's blog.
* Saxophonist Dave Liebman, who performed and recorded with Davis from 1970 to 1974, was in Nashville last week for a concert featuring music from the trumpeter's still-controversial album On The Corner. Before the show, Liebman (pictured here with bassist Michael Henderson and Davis at a 1973 gig in Lebanon) also did an interview with Nashville Scene in which he expounded at greater length about his work with Davis.
* Two Davis albums derived from the same gig 40 years ago in Japan are examined by writer Angus Batey in an article for The Quietus titled "Agharta Versus Pangaea."
* Davis' album E.S.P. (covered in this space a few weeks ago) is included in a post from the Philadelphia music blog The Key about the standout albums of 1965.
* There's more evidence of the trumpeter's fondness for sports cars in a photo set unearthed and published by the UK magazine Influx showing Davis and his Ferrari 275 GTB.