* Pianist Peter Martin's special guest at his next performance at the Sheldon Concert Hall on Friday, February 27 will be keyboardist Federico González Peña, who's played with Marcus Miller, Gregoire Maret, Sting, and other well-known musicians. Also new this week, Martin's piano lessons on video, available previously via his website, now have been collected into a "curated course" on the website MusicGurus.
* The local musician-owned bass maker CertainBass has launched a Kickstarter to fund a new original electric bass design called the Svelte Bass. The campaign is intended to raise money to pay for CNC programming, raw materials and components, and other costs for a first production run of 20 basses. Details on the Svelte Bass, the Kickstarter campaign, and the various incentives offered to contributors are here.
* St. Louis Volunteer Lawyers and Accountants for the Arts' "Every Artist Insured" awareness campaign continues with free presentations next Monday on "Navigating Health Care Reform" and on how the Affordable Care Act can affect your taxes, plus four free one-on-one enrollment sessions in early February. For more information or to sign up, visit VLAA's website.
* Jazz St. Louis is looking to hire an accountant. You can see a job description and information on how to apply here.
* Music Record Shop in the Grove is seeking local bands and musicians interested in performing in-store. To find out more, email them at musicrecordshop at gmail dot com.
* Jazz radio update:This Saturday on Radio Arts Foundation - St. Louis, Calvin Wilson's “Somethin’ Else” program will feature the music of trumpeter Dave Douglas. Wilson can be heard at 8:00 p.m. Saturdays on 107.3 FM, 96.3 HD-2, and online at http://www.rafstl.org/listen.