Friday, November 22, 2013
* Saxquest has posted to their Facebook page a photo album from last Saturday's workshop and performance featuring saxophonist Frank Catalano.
* The Schlafly St. Louis Brewery and Tap Room downtown has expanded its performing space and likely will be presenting more live music, according to this article from the RFT's Mabel Suen.
* Writing for the St. Louis Beacon, Terry Perkins previews this Sunday's performance by the Tony Suggs/Montez Coleman quartet at the Bistro at Grand Center.
* This week's performance by saxophonist David Sanborn and keyboardist Bob James (pictured) at the London Jazz Festival was reviewed by London Jazz News.
* Seven of saxophonist Oliver Lake's albums for the Black Saint and Soul Note labels have been remastered and reissued as a new CD box set.
* There's still time to vote in Jazz Times' magazine's annual readers poll; balloting ends on Tuesday, December 3.
* Jazz radio update: For this Saturday's edition of "Somethin' Else" on Radio Arts Foundation - St. Louis, host Calvin Wilson will spin tracks featuring collaborations between Thelonious Monk and John Coltrane, including a live recording from a Thanksgiving weekend concert in the 1950s. The program can be heard at 8:00 p.m. Saturdays via 107.3 FM, 96.3 HD-2 and online at http://www.rafstl.org/listen.
(Edited after posting to add the St. Louis Beacon link.)