Here's the latest wrap-up of assorted links and short local news items of interest:
* New Music Circle has posted on Facebook an album of photos from last Saturday's concert by the Kris Davis Quintet at 560 Music Center.
* And speaking of photo albums, the Sheldon Concert Hall added a photo album to their Facebook page featuring pix of last Friday's performance by Denise Thimes and Bucky Pizzarelli.
* Trumpeter Terence Blanchard has been in St. Louis all this week, taking part in various activities related to Opera Theatre of St. Louis' production this summer of his opera Champion.
Tonight at 5:30 p.m., Blanchard, baritone Aubrey Allicock, and pianist Peter Martin will be at Hamburger Mary’s Attic Rooftop Lounge, 3037 Olive, for “Meet the Composer: A Young Professionals Happy Hour.” The event sponsored by the Young Friends of OTSL and Jazz St. Louis will include drinks, appetizers and a sampling of the opera’s music. During his stay in St. Louis, the trumpeter also was interviewed on KWMU's Cityscape program.
* Saxophonist Oliver Lake was interviewed by the Houston Press before a Trio 3 gig there last week, and spent some time discussing his work with the Black Artist Group in St. Louis as well as his current projects.
* Singer Kurt Elling's concert last week at Kansas City's Gem Theater was reviewed for the Kansas City Star by Bill Brownlee (who also blogs about KC jazz at Plastic Sax). Elling (pictured) will be in St. Louis next week to perform at Jazz at the Bistro.
* Electronic musician Joe Raglani's latest release was reviewed by PopMatters.com.
* The list of recent podcasts posted at the Mel Bay website includes one featuring guitarist Lionel Loueke, who's coming to St. Louis in May to play at the Bistro.
* Guitarist Bill Frisell, who will be here in April to play at the Old Rock House, was was featured this past week on NPR's "Jazz Set."