Friday, December 28, 2012
* With the 30th anniversary of his first broadcast on KWMU coming up in the new year, radio host, author and photographer Dennis Owsley last weekend was the subject of a profile written for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch/STLtoday.com by Steve Giegerich.
* Legendary trumpeter Clark Terry has posted a message of holiday greetings on his blog.
* Drummer Dave Weckl (pictured) was interviewed by drummer/podcaster Joe Crabtree about his sound, the craft of recording, and his new crowd-funded album project with keyboardist Jay Oliver.
* The new downtown music venue Voce is the subject of a feature story by the Post's Kevin Johnson.
* Electronic musician Joe Raglani's new album Real Colors of the Physical World was reviewed by the Riverfront Times' Christian Schaeffer.
* Drummer Montez Coleman will ring in the new year playing with saxophonist Sherman Irby at Jazz at Lincoln Center's new club in Doha, Qatar. Irby's group, which also features trombonist Vince Gardner, pianist Ricky Germanson, and bassist Gerald Cannon, will be featured next Thursday, January 3 in a live webcast on JALC's web site.