Here's the latest wrap-up of assorted links and short local news items of interest:
* The organizers of last weekend's Nevermore Jazz Ball have posted a YouTube playlist compiling video highlights from the four-day event. Also, the Post-Dispatch/STLtoday has posted online a set of pictures from the NJB's Cherokee Street Jazz Crawl.
* Saxquest has posted on Facebook photos from last Saturday's appearance at the shop by trumpeter Terell Stafford and Sunday's performance and workshop featuring the Oasis Saxophone Quartet.
* Guitarist William Lenihan was profiled by Terry Perkins for the St. Louis Beacon.
* The annual musical instrument drive conducted by the not-for-profit organization Music for Lifelong Achievement wrapped up this week, and this year's efforts yielded a record number of donated instruments. More than 100 used instruments were collected, which will be repaired and refurbished as needed and donated to local schools and music programs. Although the drive only happens once a year, MFLA accepts donations of instruments and cash any time. For more information or to make a donation, call The Sheldon at 314-533-9900 or visit the website.
* The UK newspaper the Guardian this week has republished a lengthy 1985 interview with Miles Davis (pictured).
Upcoming Detroit Shows
2 hours ago