Here's the latest wrap-up of assorted links and short local news items of interest:
* Alternative performance space and gallery Floating Laboratories has closed as a public venue; proprietor Kevin Harris tells all to the Riverfront Times' Cassie Kohler.
* A story this week in the St. Louis Business Journal says Jazz St. Louis sold 11,711 single and subscriber tickets to their subscription series in fiscal 2012, a 4 percent increase from 2011. 5,326 of those tickets were for subscription seats, up 24 percent from fiscal 2011, while single-ticket sales for the subscription series decreased 9 percent to 6,385. Total revenue for the subscription series increased 2 percent.
* Single tickets for Jazz St. Louis' 2012-13 season go on sale next Tuesday, August 14. You can view the season brochure online here.
* And speaking of tickets and Jazz St. Louis, they're looking to hire a Box Office and Administrative Assistant. For details, visit http://jazzstl.org/our-organization/careers/.
* Popmatters' "List This" feature rates the "Top 10 Performances of American Standards from Miles Davis Records".
* Pianist and former St. Louis Reggie Thomas (pictured), now teaching music at Michigan State University, is featured on Better Than Alright, the new album from MSU's Professors of Jazz
* The Missouri Arts Council is seeking nominees for the 2013 Missouri Arts Awards. If you know a deserving arts educator, organizations, creative community, individual artists, arts leader or philanthropist, you can submit them for nomination between now and September 3 by going to http://www.artsheroesneeded.com/.
Maria Schneider Orchestra - "Choro Dancado"
4 hours ago