Here's the latest wrap-up of assorted links and short local news items of interest:
* St. Louis magazine's Stefene Russell has written a short preview of tonight's New Music Circle Showcase concert, and the Riverfront Times' Christian Schaffer has an interview with electronic musician Joe Raglani, who's one of the the featured performers at the NMC event.
* JazzTimes has put up another segment of a video interview with saxophonist Bobby Watson (pictured), who's playing this weekend at Robbie's House of Jazz.
* The Post-Dispatch's Kevin Johnson interviewed Denise Thimes about her Mother's Day show at the Sheldon Concert Hall.
* The East St. Louis High School Jazz Band is the subject of a brief article by the Belleville News-Democrat's Carolyn P. Smith. The band and their special guest, trumpeter Russell Gunn, will play a fundraising concert this coming Monday at the Sheldon.
* In his latest blog entry for St. Louis magazine, Dennis Owsley reflects on thirty years of hosting a jazz radio program.
* The PNC Foundation has donated $500,000 to St. Louis area arts organizations; among the lucky recipients are Jazz St. Louis and the Sheldon, each of which will receive $30,000.
* The history of jazz and blues in St. Louis recently was the subject of an episode of the syndicated public radio program The New Jazz Archive.
* Want to see some party pics of people who attended the Bela Fleck and The Flecktones concert in March at the Sheldon? Well, Town and Style magazine has got 'em.