Here's the latest wrap-up of assorted links and short local news items of interest:
* Jazz St. Louis' Devin Rodino was on the local cable program STL TV Live this week talking about next Thursday's "Jazz Under The Stars" event at the St. Louis Science Center. You can see the interview here.
* Pianist Peter Martin will be the recipient of an Excellence in Arts award at the 2012 St. Louis Arts Awards, which will be presented Monday by the Arts and Education Council at a fundraiser at the Chase Park Plaza. Martin will perform at the event with singer Dianne Reeves, for whom he serves as musical director. The evening also will include a performance by trumpet player Jason Brown, fine arts director for the Riverview Gardens School District and Arts Educator of the Year, with the Jazz Edge Big Band.
* The Post-Dispatch's Margaret Gillerman filed a final story on the impending closing of Webster Records
* Guitarist Matthew Von Doran (pictured) is at the winter National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) show in Anaheim, CA this week, and will perform with his trio at the convention tonight.
* Also tonight, the St. Louis Artists Guild opens "Oh! You Pretty Things: Indie Music and Design," an exhibition exploring graphic design in the St. Louis indie music scene with an emphasis on the D.I.Y (do-it-yourself) aesthetic and philosophy. The exhibit is free and open to the public, and continues through Saturday, March 17.
Dallas’ Riverfront Jazz Festival 2017
1 hour ago