Here's the latest wrap-up of assorted links and short local news items of interest:
* Singer Tony Bennett's concert Wednesday night at the Fox Theatre was reviewed for the Post-Dispatch by Terry Perkins. And if you're curious about Bennett's new CD Duets II, check out this review of the disc from Jazz Times' Christopher Loudon.
* Meanwhile, Kurt Elling, who's in town through Saturday performing at Jazz at the Bistro, went on the afternoon newscast Thursday at local Fox affiliate KTVI to perform a duet of "The Waking" with bassist Clarke Moore. See the video here.
* The RFT Music Blog has video of electronic musician Eric Hall's performance last weekend At Laumeier Sculpture Park.
* Speaking of electronic musicians, Keith Fullerton Whitman has posted online an 11-minute audio excerpt of his performance here last weekend for New Music Circle at White Flag Projects.
* And speaking of the RFT Music Blog, a recent post by Jaime Lees entitled "100 St. Louis Bands, 100 Drink Pairings: A Comprehensive Guide" includes drink recipes (auto-generated from search results by the website Drinkfy.org) for several St. Louis jazz musicians, including Hamiet Bluiett ("1 bottle Red Wine. Serve on rocks. Stir vigorously. Garnish with maraschino cherry.") and Peter Martin ("10 oz. Vodka, 10 oz. Grenadine, 6 oz. Monster Energy Drink. Combine in highball glass and serve. Stir quickly. Garnish with glowstick.") Martin (pictured) plays tomorrow night at the Sheldon Concert Hall with the New Orleans Modern Jazz Masters.