Here's the latest wrap-up of assorted links and short local news items of interest:
* Jazz St. Louis has put online an album of photos from the concert by George Duke, Marcus Milles and David Sanborn on August 7 at the Touhill.
* Writing for the Chesterfield edition of Patch.com, John Hoffman has more about tonight's jazz benefit show for the children of the late police dispatcher Lisa O'Brien.
* Guitarist Todd Mosby (pictured) has just published some new instructional books, Acoustic Guitar Techniques for Songwriters, Volumes 1 and 2, and Classical Guitar for Contemporary Players. For details and ordering information, see Mosby's website.
* Rapper Nelly and local trade school Vatterott College are starting a music recording school in the Laclede's Landing building that formerly housed Nelly's Skybox Sports Bar & Grill.
* A couple of weeks ago in this space, we mentioned that StLJN was one of a number of local blogs with headlines now being aggregated on STLtoday. In addition to listing blogs on the relevant section pages (music, sports, etc.), it turns out there's also a page that displays all the external blog content at http://www.stltoday.com/news/special-reports/blogger-network/.