Here's the latest wrap-up of assorted links and short local news items of interest:
* Terry Perkins wrote an article for the St. Louis Beacon about Reggie and Mardra Thomas' weekend of farewell concerts.
Also, Jazz St. Louis' Bob Bennett penned a nice tribute to Reggie Thomas on JSL's Facebook page. (You don't need a Facebook account to view it.)
* St. Louis American editor Chris King profiled drummer and St. Louis native Ronnie Burrage (pictured), who's coming home next weekend to play Friday and Saturday at Robbie's House of Jazz.
* The Post-Dispatch's Kevin Johnson reviewed Monday's night concert at The Sheldon paying tribute to the late Mae Wheeler. The concert was recorded by HEC-TV, and you now can watch it online on their website.
* Writing for St. Louis magazine's Look/Listen blog, Thomas Crone has more on the closing of Drum Headquarters
* Pianist Peter Martin is preparing to launch a new service offering piano lessons online.
(Updated after posting to add a link to Bob Bennett's piece.)
Flyover country? Nonsense in jazz, politics, crime fiction
36 minutes ago