Here's the latest wrap-up of assorted links and short local news items of interest:
* Singer-songwriter Jimmy Webb (pictured), who's in town this weekend to perform for the Presenters Dolan at the Kranzberg Arts Center, is the subject of two preview stories in local media - one written by Terry Perkins for the St. Louis Beacon, the other by Calvin Wilson for the Post-Dispatch.
* Speaking of cabaret, here's a review of St. Louis native Craig Rubano's performance last weekend at the Kranzberg, written by Chuck Lavazzi for KDHX.
* Jazz St. Louis now has a slideshow and recap of their recent benefit gala up on their website.
* Reunion Revolution, a new store selling vinyl records, art, antiques and collectibles, has opened in the New Town area of St. Charles.
* St. Louis Volunteer Lawyers and Accountants for the Arts is sponsoring a workshop about mediation at 7:00 p.m. next Monday, March 21 at the Regional Arts Commission, 6128 Delmar. The workshop is intended to teach members of arts community about a "non-litigious way to resolve conflicts" that is "voluntary, confidential, fast and affordable." The registration fee for the workshop is $10 in advance, $15 at the door. Get more information at www.vlaa.org or by calling 314-863-6930.
Hot 8 Brass Band - "Take It To The House"
2 hours ago