Here's this week's wrap-up of assorted links and short local news items of interest:
* Jazz St. Louis's Bob Bennett this week updated his previously published list of favorite holiday jazz albums.
* Meanwhile, several of the local high school student musicians involved in JSL' educational programs have made their respective all-state jazz bands in Missouri and Illinois
* The South County Times' Don Corrigan wrote about the "John Lennon Remembered" concert put on earlier this month by jazz faculty and students at Webster University.
* The Riverfront Times' Annie Zaleski blogs about how new legislation authorizing the creation of hundreds of low power radio stations across the country may affect St. Louis, in particular Washington University's campus station KWUR (90.3 FM).
* Lastly, for all you vinyl aficionados, old and new, out there in the St. Louis area, Euclid Records now is selling turntables from Crosley and Ion in their Webster Groves shop.
Gene Ammons - "Sophisticated Lady"
3 hours ago