Here's this week's wrap-up of assorted links and short local news items of interest:
* Jazz St. Louis has some new photos on their Facebook page from guitarist Pat Martino's sets Wednesday at Jazz at the Bistro. Martino continues there through Saturday.
* Meanwhile, KDHX's Chuck Lavazzi has posted online reviews of two cabaret performances at the Kranzberg Arts Center - last weekend's show by singer and pianist Steve Ross, and this week's show by singer Barb Jungr (pictured), who continues at the Kranzberg through Saturday.
* A new high-end home audio store called St. Louis Stereo recently opened downtown, and the Riverfront Times' Roy Kasten has the story here.
* St. Louis drummer Andre Boyd just got a gig playing with one of the traveling troupes of the famed Cirque du Soleil, as reported here by the St. Louis American's Rebecca S. Rivas.
* According to a story by the Post-Dispatch's Tim Bryant published today, several real estate projects are about to come to fruition in midtown St. Louis' Grand Center arts district, home to music venues including Jazz at the Bistro, the Sheldon Concert Hall, the Fox Theatre and Powell Symphony Hall. The upcoming developments include new homes for radio stations KWMU and KDHX, both of which are relocating to the area; a hotel; more than 100 rental units; and a renovation of the Beaux Arts Building into the Grand Center Arts Academy, a visual and performing arts charter school.
1 hour ago