Friday, November 20, 2009

Peter Martin to present
new jazz concert series

Pianist and St. Louis native Peter Martin (pictured) has announced the first in a proposed series of jazz concerts he plans to present here in his hometown. From Martin's Web site:
"I’m excited to announce my new series: Peter Martin Music. I’ve been looking forward to bringing home to St. Louis some of my musical friends and experiences in an intimate, casual, and interactive experience.

I’m pleased to partner with one of my favorite venues, the The Duo featuring my dear friend and special guest, four-time Grammy® Award winning vocalist Dianne Reeves on Feb. 5, 2010, 8pm. Tickets go on sale December 5, 2009, but stay tuned here for special packages and early sale offers exclusive to petermartinmusic.com readers."
In addition to his long tenure as Reeves' music director, Martin currently is performing with bassist Christian McBride and Inside Straight, who are in St. Louis to play at Jazz at the Bistro through tomorrow night. StLJN has reached out to Martin in hope of learning more details about the series, so watch this space for updates.

(Edited after posting to fix some formatting problems.)

No comments: