A few more additions to the list of "Best Jazz of 2008" lists:
* 2008: A Year of Jazz Tumult, Controversy and Achievements, by Ken Franckling for AllAboutJazz.com
* Nate Chinen, New York Times - Standouts in Rap, Jazz and Country (multi-genre list)
* Troy Collins (AllAboutJazz.com) - Best Jazz of 2008
* Hartford Courant's Richard Kamins - Best of 2008, parts one, two, three and four.
* Jazz.com's Best Visitor Comments of 2008, compiled by Alan Kurtz
* Jazz Journalists Association - "Best of 2008" lists from 20 writers
* Lousiana Weekly's New Orleans' 2008 music scene in retrospect, by Geraldine Wyckoff
* Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Best Jazz of 2008, by Rick Nowlin
* Ben Ratliff, New York Times - Back to Roots, Ahead to the Future (multi-genre list)
* San Diego Union-Tribune/Sign On San Diego - THE OTHER STREAM: Some of 2008's best albums (multi-genre list)
* Village Voice 2008 Jazz Poll Results, with accompanying essays, writers' ballots (A-O) and (P-Z), and a tribute to jazz musicians who passed away in 2008.
You'll find part one of the 2008 "list of lists" here.
Suzanne Ciani’s Two Performances in Philadelphia
25 minutes ago