Thursday, April 24, 2008

Three is a magic number

It was three years ago today that St. Louis Jazz Notes first went online. Over the past year, the site's readership has continued to grow, and I've tried my best to continue the mission of documenting what's going on in St. Louis with regard to jazz, creative music and improvisation.

Though there have been occasional goofs, screwups and missed opportunities, I'm proud that StLJN has been able to break many stories of relevance to the local jazz community, and to give attention to many others that may have received short shrift from other local media.

Of course, I couldn't do this without you - the readers, commenters, assorted tipsters, musicians, music students and educators, presenters, club owners, publicists, media people, record label employees and many others who have helped make the site what it is.

I thank you all for your emails, comments, ideas, suggestions and news tips, and, most of all, for your time and attention, and once again I look forward to another year of doing whatever I can to make St. Louis Jazz Notes a useful and entertaining resource. In the meantime, please feel free to use the comments for your heartiest "birthday" wishes & congratulations, suggestions, random jazz-related thoughts, and/or (if you must) bitter complaints.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Dean! You run an excellent blog that provides a tremendous service to the St. Louis music community. Your site is my "go to" for staying on top of much of the live music available in our city. Great job!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday, dean!

and belated thanks for turning me on to the destination: out web site... i got a great west side story medley by dave burrell off of it....

-- tony

now play: dave burrell, west side story medley

http://www.myspace.com/scientificmethodradio

Matthew said...

happy birthday! thanks again - you have helped me get in touch with a community that generally shuns us young people. and you break stories through this, by breaking down the walls of these glorious sounds!

Anonymous said...

Dean-
I check in on the site several times a week... and I very much appreciate you letting me contribute on occasion.
Keep up the great work!

Terry